You will be responsible for general administrative duties, client care and the legal process as directed by your Conveyancing Executive with a view to becoming an independent Fee Earner if desired.
You will need to meet set deadlines and complete your work with confidence whilst showing an ability in time management, organisation and prioritising urgent matters.
Strong communication skills are key across all channels, with Agents, Referrers, Solicitors, Lenders, Clients and Colleagues as part of daily operations, ensuring the company values and culture is supported.
- Sending initial letters, documentation, and introductory emails to clients requesting initial redemption figures from lenders and information relating to Leasehold/Freehold management element of a property
- Managing email traffic and phone calls daily and also covering additional emails and calls during colleagues’ absence.
- Maintain effective communication with clients via phone and email throughout the transaction to ensure they are kept up to date.
- Maintaining relationships with estate agents, solicitors, brokers etc.
- Managing client expectations
- Carrying out all electronic ID checks for all persons related to the case (inc. Clients and Giftors)
- Carry out OS1/OS2 and Bankruptcy searches and ensuring those remain in date.
- Create and send mortgage reports.
- Requesting searches and management packs as required
- Create and send search reports along with mortgage deed for signature.
- File post away daily
- Files put away on a nightly basis in relevant filing cabinets.
- Check External portals for updates/actions e.g., Lender Exchange, LMS and Land Registry
- Ensuring case management system is worked on in real time and updated accordingly.
- Raising any concerns with Conveyancing Executive or Team Leader regarding money laundering
- Assist Conveyancing Executive with all files to include Sale, Purchase, Transfer of Equity, Lease Extension, Remortgage etc. as required (with any required supervision)
- Carry out exchanges and completions (with any required supervision)
- Dealing with post completion queries (with any required supervision)
The post holder needs to be able to demonstrate the following core competencies to a high level and use these to their full ability in their work. This is more important than having a great deal of direct experience of the job content, and we will be looking for evidence of all the following competencies during the selection process, if you are short-listed.
- Team Player with self-motivation for role
- Friendly persona
- Great communication and organisational skills
- Customer focus, Ability to work unsupervised (with any supervision as required)
- Excellent time keeping
ROTATION OF DUTIES:
It is expected that all staff within Residential Team will occasionally rotate roles to enable them to learn the duties of other team members and hence provide adequate cover during holiday and sick leave.
ERRORS AND EXCLUSIONS:
Every effort has been made to ensure that this is a full description of duties and responsibilities of the role, however, it is not an exhaustive list.
All job descriptions will be reviewed at least annually during the staff appraisal process and from time to time by the management in conjunction with HR and the company reserves the right to make reasonable changes to the description in response to the changing needs of the business.